Dear Future DVM,
Are you ready to begin your next veterinary adventure at Ann Road Animal Hospital in Las Vegas, NV? Learn about our Veterinary Student Externship Program and apply below.
ARAH Veterinary Student Externship Program
Ann Road Animal Hospital offers a Veterinary Student Externship Program for third and fourth-year veterinary students. Externships typically last anywhere from one to four weeks to fulfill either elective or private practice curriculum requirements. Here at ARAH we hold ourselves to the highest of medical standards and are accountable for ensuring clients and their pets receive optimal care. Our doctors practice the highest quality medicine through our exceptional team and cutting-edge equipment. We strive to mentor young veterinary professionals in a diverse and hands-on environment.
Externship Experiences Include: anesthesiology, cardiology, critical care, dentistry & oral surgery, dermatology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, integrative medicine, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, radiology, rehabilitation, and/or surgery, client communication, case management.
- Housing: Housing will be provided either at our extern residency or at a residential extended-stay hotel.
- Transportation: Transportation will be provided upon arrival at the airport where you will be taken to your housing destination. Daily transportation to and from work will be provided by one of our ARAH team members. Should you need transportation during your free time, buses, taxis, Uber and Lyft are all available in the area.
- Stipend: A stipend is provided for all externs.
- Lunch: Complimentary lunch will be provided; Monday-Friday
- Dress: Surgical scrubs, lab coat, and stethoscope are acceptable while at work. You will be involved in surgeries and seeing clients. Bring appropriate business casual clothes for evenings out with our doctors and staff.
- Duties: You will be expected to work Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Please let us know if you need any time off or need to make special arrangements. We strive to make this time an enjoyable learning experience. You will not be asked to do anything you do not feel capable of or are not ready to do.
Free Time & Entertainment
Las Vegas never sleeps. Spend your free time parading the Las Vegas Strip, tour Area15, dine at 5 star restaurants, explore our hiking trails and tons of other local amusements. Need an adventure? Visit the Grand Canyon, Utah, or other nearby travel destinations.